“Raw” as in nutrients and enzymes fully intact, easily digestible, CANcer prevention raw foodism, that is…not raw-egg type of raw 🙂
This is a quickly prepared, crowd-pleasing and HEALTHY snack to whip up when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth. Incorporating healthy fats and protein, it will give you the energizing boost you may need in the late afternoon, or it may be the most perfect way to treat yourself on a lazy Sunday morning for breakfast.
I loved eating this cookie dough as a dip with apple slices, but it can also be enjoyed as a topping over vegan vanilla ice cream, as a spread over toast or, let’s get real here, all on its own! It is healthy, remember?!
Recipe: “Raw” Cookie Dough Snack
– Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop / serving vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- chocolate chips to top (roughly 1 tablespoon)
Putting it together:
1. In a small mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Melt your nut butter with the maple syrup on the stove top until combined. Pour the nut butter mixture into the dry mixture and mix until a crumbly batter remains.
3. Add the nut milk a tablespoon at a time until a cookie dough remains.
4. Stir in chocolate chips, and enjoy! Refrigerating mixture will thicken up the batter.