I love turmeric for many reasons. For its vibrant colour, for its subtle but distinct taste and for its abundance of health benefits. Among these are anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory properties, arthritis and diabetes management and (drum roll, please) anticancer properties!
Combined with a banana and shaved ice for texture, maple syrup for sweet and almond milk for cream, this shake is a perfect way to start your day or pick-up your afternoon!
Check out my post, Spice Up Your Life, for some of the health benefits and anticancer properties of the spices used in this recipe!
Recipe: Turermic Shake
-Dairy free, gluten free
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1 cup almond milk (or other dairy-free alternative)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Putting it Together:
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and process on high until all ingredients are uniformly processed.
- Sprinkle some fresh cinnamon on top and enjoy!